Saturday 11 October 2014

By: Shariq Khan

Photo: knowyourstar


I can understand not,
why their eyes are teary
or why their heads in disbelief nod.
Hands are locked in silent prayers
For this man who I had met not.


I can fathom not,
nor explore
the pain that his death has caused
Or reasons for these people to be gathered here,
sharing stories that to them he told,
in remembrance
of this man who, before today, I had seen not.



I can explain not,
why suddenly my eyes are clouded
and my heart is in grief.
I knew not who this man was,
But I shall remember him
for all that he did.
Oh unfortunate me!
I could not meet him 
before he concluded 
with the final chapters of his life
Alas , now i rest here to bestow
a tear compiled with love, respect and sorrow .




A Eulogy which was written for  one of the greatest Indian Journalists: Late Dr. MV Kamath (1921-2014). He was serving as the director of the Manipal School of Communication when he passed away on the morning of October 9th, 2014. The students of Manipal and all of those whose lives he touched will always remember him in different ways for the stories and experiences that he shared with us.
Rest In Peace Dear Sir.

Photo: Shariq Khan

3 comments:

Have something to say about this? Leave a comment here